COVID-19 Status Updated: 1st November 2020
We Are Open
As the COVID-19 situation changes, we will keep our clients informed of any changes to our operations. We are currently open.
Appointments are required. This is to ensure we adhere to the physical distancing requirements at all times.
While our practice is operating within all current health department guidelines, we are still available to provide expert advice and assistance.
As locally owned and operated audiology practice, we’re here to help our community.
Please don’t hesitate to make an appointment with the audiologist.
What is Urgent & Essential Care?
If your situation is an emergency and requires immediate medical attention, we recommend you attend your local hospital emergency department.
Urgent and essential health care can’t wait.
Business Hours – Temporary Changes
Walk-in visitors are discouraged. We are required to limit the number of people in our practice at any one time. Please call ahead or make an appointment.
Our telephones and reception are attended between 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. If you require assistance on the weekend, please leave a message.
Outside of these hours, you are welcome to contact us and we will respond to your message as soon as possible.
We’re structured to continue to provide ear health and hearing services during and after COVID-19.
We’re confident that we have the necessary controls and disinfection procedures in place for us to continue to provide you with the best possible essential services as we deal with the new challenges ahead.
We continue to follow the guidance of the Australian Department of Health and Queensland Health to protect the health and safety of our clients and staff. We also want to let you know that we’re doing all we can to keep providing essential support and service to our best ability during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
So, as the situation changes, we will continue to adapt and evolve our plan. Furthermore, important developments and updates will be provided on this page.
Disinfection & Hygiene
We have always believed in a clean, tidy and sanitary practice.
Now, more than ever, we are being extra vigilant in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and disinfection. We’ve allocated additional cleaning time between all consultations.
Our number one priority is ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our clients and our team. We follow all recommended procedures from the Australian Department of Health. We are applying the following measures to reduce the risk of infection:
- Maintaining high levels of hygiene practices through regular cleaning and sanitising of all rooms, desks, chairs and test equipment;
- Screening patients prior to arrival at the practice regarding their health status;
- Reducing patient overlap by scheduled appointments only;
- Reducing people in the waiting room by requesting carers, family members and friends to wait outside the practice;
- Maintaining social distancing by spacing out chairs in the waiting room;
- Removing all reading material and other non-essential items from the waiting room;
- Reducing staffing levels to essential team members only;
- Frequently washing our hands;
- Sanitising all test equipment between every patient consultation;
- Reducing unnecessary handling of products and stock and cleaning demonstrator stock prior to re-display;
- Limiting all non-essential persons entering our clinic.
Production and supplies of all regular hearing aid and ear health products is currently normal. We are experiencing some delivery delays. We are using the fasted possible delivery systems available to us. If you are concerned about your access to supplies, please contact us.